Alternative Arteriosclerosis Treatment
What is Arteriosclerosis?
Arteriosclerosis is a thickening and narrowing of the artery walls in the body caused by a buildup of plaque. Plaque accumulates over time in the arteries and is a combination of fat, cholesterol, and calcium. The buildup of plaque hardens and narrows the arteries which then limits the flow of blood throughout the body.
Arteriosclerosis a severe disease that may lead to stroke and heart disease but is also responsible for other artery related diseases. Chronic kidney disease develops when renal arteries are suffering from arteriosclerosis. Coronary heart disease refers to a disorder of plaque buildup in the coronary arteries. Carotid artery disease is plaque deposits in the arteries on each side of the neck, and peripheral artery disease is a buildup in the arteries that supply blood to your extremities too.
Risk factors for Arteriosclerosis:
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Obesity and unhealthy diet.
- High LDL cholesterol and low HDL cholesterol levels.
- High blood pressure.
- Diabetes and insulin resistance.
Symptoms of Arteriosclerosis:
Not all patients with Arteriosclerosis have symptoms and those who do have symptoms manifest differently depending upon the area of the body affected by narrowing or diminished blood supply.
Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms:
- Changes in your pattern of urination.
- Swelling in your hands or feet.
- Loss of appetite.
- Difficulties with cognition.
Coronary Heart Disease Symptoms:
- Chest pain that feels like squeezing in the chest.
- Pain that feels like indigestion but is not.
- Pain in your jaw, neck, arms, shoulders, or back.
- Shortness of breath.
- Lack of energy and fatigue.
- Difficulty sleeping.
Carotid Artery Disease Symptoms:
- Numbness or tingling on one side of the face, arms, or legs.
- Dizziness or loss of balance and coordination.
- Difficulty speaking.
- Inability to see in both eyes or just in one eye.
Peripheral Artery Disease Symptoms:
- Numbness in arms, legs, or pelvis.
- Unexplained pain in arms, legs, or pelvis.
Alternative Treatments for Arteriosclerosis:
At Sunridge Medical, our highly-trained physicians are experts in providing an integrated approach to the treatment of coronary artery disease and carotid artery disease. We offer complimentary alternative treatment for chronic kidney disease and peripheral artery disease as well. Our treatment plans are individually designed for each patient and involve both traditional and alternative medicines.
The physicians at Sunridge Medical have found that symptoms frequently can be improved and even reversed with our natural treatments. We take a holistic approach to patient care and strive not only treat the disease, but also alleviate symptoms, increase the quality of life and, most importantly, address the underlying cause of disease.
For answers to your questions or to make an appointment, call us toll-free at 855-747-6832 to speak with our Patient Care Team. Let us help you get your life back.