Have Questions? Call Now 1-800-923-7878

Dairy Allergy

A Dairy allergy, or milk allergy, refers to any allergic reaction caused by a component of cow’s milk. The three components of cow’s milk that cause dietary reactions; casein protein, whey protein, and lactose sugar. Casein and whey are the two main components. Casein is the curd that forms when milk is left to sour, while the watery part that’s left after the curd is removed is the whey. Casein accounts for 80 percent of the protein in milk and whey protein accounts for the other 20 percent of milk.

Many individuals develop a milk allergy as babies, the body can develop the allergy later in life. Only two to three percent of all infants have milk allergies, by the age of four to six most of them outgrow it. Lactose intolerance is frequently confused with milk allergy, but the two conditions are not the same.

Symptoms of a Dairy Allergy

Dairy allergies may appear with a wide variety of symptoms, including itchy red rash, hives, eczema, allergic black eyes, and swelling of lips, mouth, tongue, face or throat. Digestive system might include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gas, bloating or abdominal cramps. One may also be affected by respiratory system reactions such as; a runny nose, sneezing, watery or itchy eyes, nasal congestion, wheezing, shortness of breath or coughing.

For answers to your questions or to make an appointment, call us toll-free at 866-845-0296 to speak with a Patient Care Representative.

Contact Us

Still Have Questions? That’s okay, we know that navigating a new course for your health is never easy, especially with all the information there is out there to have to sort through and process. That is why our Patient Care Representatives strive to provide you with as much knowledge as they possible can so that you can make the best and most informed decisions for you and your loved ones. Start by filling out the form below or just call us toll free at (800) 923-7878. There is no obligation, so please go ahead and ask away, we are always happy to help!


    14200 N Northsight Blvd Suite 160
    Scottsdale, AZ 85254 USA


    800-923-7878 (toll free)
    480-659-9135 (local)

    Info Icon

    Have A Question Or Just Need More Information?

    Don’t hesitate to contact us at anytime. we are here to help

    Call Toll Free