Alternative Colon Cancer Treatment – An Overview
Colon and rectum cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in both men and women. In most cases, cancer of the colon does not have any symptoms and is therefore usually found and treated in its advanced stages when the success rate is reduced. This is why preventative screening is very important, especially if there is a family history of colon cancer.
Colorectal cancer includes cancers located in the the colon, rectum, appendix and anus. They can occur anywhere in the large intestine but they usually occur in the right ascending colon.
Blood in the stool is often the first and sometimes the only warning sign of cancer. Many times, however, having a history of colon polyps precedes colon cancer diagnosis.
There was an estimated 160,000 newly diagnosed colon and rectal cancer cases in 2006 in the U.S. Many of these new cases and deaths are preventable with improvements in dietary nutrition, regular check-ups and an increase in daily exercise habits. As with most cancers, when colorectal cancer is detected early, survival rates are much higher.
At Sunridge Medical, our highly-trained physicians are experts in providing an integrated approach to the alternative treatment of colon cancer. Our treatment plans are individualized, even for patients with the same type of cancer, and involve both traditional and alternative medicines. We have integrated advanced, research-based alternative medicines with conventional therapies into a comprehensive, individualized treatment program that offers patients optimal success.”
Come experience a level of patient care you never even knew existed.
A Patient Care Representative is standing by to take your call at (800) 923-7878 or click the link below to learn more.
Getting a cancer diagnosis is a frightening experience. Patients come to Sunridge Medical at all stages of their cancer journey. We treat many patients whom have exhausted all conventional therapies; chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. We also treat patients that are simply looking for an alternative to these conventional therapies.
When your life is on the line it’s important that all treatment options are considered. You have have options. Call us at (800) 923-7878 to find out more.
“I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in September of 06. Since then I have had emergency surgery followed by radiation and then chemotherapy. I have received 3 rounds of chemotherapy over the last 1 1/2 years. The side effects of the chemotherapy and radiation were horrible and I did not think that I was going to survive. My oncologist seemed frustrated because the cancer was not responding to the treatments and I was still in a lot of pain.” “I met a woman that was a patient at Sunridge Medical. She gave me the number and told me to call. I started receiving their treatments to build my body back up. Within 2 days I noticed major improvements in my pain levels and my energy and sleep were improved. Every day gets better and better for me. I don’t think that I would have been able to go on without the help of the doctors at Sunridge Medical. I would recommend these treatments to everyone looking for options to treat their cancer.”
Tessa, Buffalo New York
Colon Cancer Treatment
At Sunridge Medical we treat patients from all over the world that are looking for the best in cancer care. Sadly, conventional therapies aren’t always effective. Whether this is the case for you, or you are just starting your journey researching your treatment options, we’re glad you’re here.
For ten years, we have treated patients with all types and stages of cancer. But treating cancer is only part of our approach, we dig deep to find the underlying causes that lead to an eventual cancer diagnosis. Armed with this information, our physicians create an individualized treatment plan to not only address the cancer but retool your body to achieve optimum health.
- At Sunridge Medical we offer a comprehensive immunobiological treatment aimed at attacking the cancer, and restoring the body’s natural defense and regulatory mechanisms, including the immune system and detoxification pathways. Our approach combines alternative and conventional therapies to provide patients with the most overall comprehensive colon cancer treatment. Because successful cancer treatment is not a “one size fits all” ample time is spent with each patient to learn more about the details surrounding their illness as this is a necessary component to developing the right treatment.
- Cancer cells develop in every human being. Cancer cells that form in a body with a healthy immune system are identified and destroyed before they become tumors by the bodies natural defense mechanism. With this in mind, restoration of the natural defense system should be an important part of the cancer treatment otherwise a successful recovery, long term, could be difficult to achieve.
- There are several types of colon cancer and also several stages of colon cancer. Tumors can either be benign (non-cancerous) or malignant. It is especially important that an individualized treatment program based upon the colon cancer type is made and followed as each type of colon cancer responds differently to certain treatments.
Common Symptoms of Colon Cancer
- Blood in the stool
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Gas, bloating, abdominal cramps/pain
- Repeated infections
- Feeling of fullness
- Change in bowel movements
- Constipation and/or diarrhea
Risk Factors of Colon Cancer
- A history of multiple colon polyps
- A history of inflammatory bowel disease
- Diet low in fiber and high in animal protien and refined carbohydrates
- Exercising or other physical activity for less than 3-4 hours per week
- Consuming more than 1 alcoholic beverage per day
- Age related – the risk of colorectal cancer increases at age 50
Colon Cancer Prevention
- Make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables daily
- Get routine physical exams from your doctor
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Don’t smoke
- Maintain your proper weight
- Incorporate exercise into your lifestyle
Early Diagnosis Methods
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Barium Enema
- Fecal Occult Blood Test
- Complete Blood Test and Chemistry Panel to assess blood loss
Alternative Colon Cancer Treatment
Our physicians have found that symptoms can frequently be improved and even reversed with our natural colon cancer treatments. We take a holistic approach to patient care and strive to not only treat the cancer, but also alleviate symptoms, increase quality of life and most importantly, address the underlying cause of the disease.Even if standard treatments have reached their limits, patients with colon cancer still have treatment options.
For answers to your questions or to make an appointment, call us TODAY toll-free at (800) 923-7878 to speak with a Patient Care Representative. Let us help you get your life back.